Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 28: Flowers

In the 30 Day Photo Challenge series ...

Kyrie



Anna



I am getting a better feel for the limits of my camera's focus ability. The camera definitely had more trouble focusing on the flowers than it did the teacup, even in "flower" mode. I suspect that that is because these flowers did not dominate the scene as the teacup did, so the camera kept trying to focus on the background instead. The manual focus requires me to back off further away, although I was trying to avoid that so that I could minimize the amount of "clutter" in the picture. As it was, I ended up cropping the photo to get this version.

Since these flowers were the only ones available - this Challenge being designed for summer and not January - and since Kyrie's shots of the flowers all came out blurry (and, to my amusement, having the ceiling as a background, because the flowers were hanging above her head), she opted for drawing flowers instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment