Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 20: Bokeh

In the 30 Day Photo Challenge series ...

Kyrie



Anna

My elfin girl1


I didn't even know there was such a thing as bokeh. Apparently, it means "blurred background". Except, not just any blurred background. Technical details are abounding, but all I got out of the descriptions was something about circles of light or, depending on the camera, possibly hexagons or other multi-sided figures of light. 

So I have no idea if these pictures are technically bokeh or not. But look! We have blurred backgrounds! See?! That will have to be enough.

Kyrie really really really wants me to write about how she got the laptop in her background to be blurred, even though it was close to the fairy. That is, in fact, an impressive feat. I could hardly get the background-on-the-other-side-of-the-room to be blurred, much less something only three feet away. But I have circles of light on mine! So there! 


1. My near-sighted elfin girl. The eye doctor today was impressed that she knew she was near-sighted even before he tested her. She picked out frames, so she'll have glasses in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment