Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 12: Sunset

In the 30 Day Photo Challenge series ...

Kyrie




Anna



All I can say is... it's really hard to get a picture of the sunset when there's a hedge to the west that's taller than you are. (Even standing on a chair, it's taller than my eye level.) Also, it was freezing* and impossible to see because the wind, the crazy crazy wind we're having right now kept blowing my hair in my face. 

Seriously, I had to stand on the tallest stool we have and then hold the camera up as high as I could and try to point it in the right direction, to get my photo. I lifted Kyrie part way onto my shoulder to get hers. 

Since I spent the whole day obsessively trying to finish three photobooks so that I could order them before Shutterfly's sale ends today, I forgot to ask Kyrie which of those two photos she preferred before she went to bed. So I'm including them both. (If she picks one tomorrow, I might remove the other. Or not.)


*I realize that to my family and friends in the Midwest, it does not count as "freezing" when it is not even below the literal freezing point (It's 36 right now), but for us Pacific Northwesterners, that wind makes it really cold.

1 comment:

  1. Actually they were saying the wind chill makes it feel like about 26 so I think you have a right to feel cold. I love you dear, even if you don't watch the news :)

    ReplyDelete