Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 19: Something Orange

In the 30 Day Photo Challenge series ...

Kyrie



Anna



Since it did that rare thing and actually snowed here today, I took a ton of snow pictures. I figured as long as I was doing that, I might as well make my "orange" be the bright orange "Public Storage" units that live just behind the houses across the street.

I learned that the "night landscape" mode does, in fact, work to take a picture of the snow before it even gets light out. (I was afraid the snow might melt before the sun came up, but it stayed the whole day.) The Night Landscape mode had a really long shutter speed, so I had to stabilize the camera. But it worked way better than the flash that went off when Ken tried a picture on auto mode; the flash only got a couple feet of snow before petering off into darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment