Friday, March 11, 2011

Homeschooling

So we didn't do any homeschooling this week. Well, I guess we did about an hour and a half of it on Monday.  But mostly we have been busy with other things.

I *could* look at this and say that my kids learned nothing this week.  Or I could look at it and say that Monday and Thursday involved field trips out to the woods/Multnomah Falls (part of my apparently never-ending attempt to get my van through DEQ and renew the stickers/tabs)... Tuesday's baby shower involved actual social time with kids who weren't their siblings (all that "socialization" that people seem to worry homeschooled kids don't get enough of)... Wednesday they learned (or I hope they did) why we get ashes on our forehead on Ash Wednesday. Today... well, today involved another trip to the dealership. Technically, the kids did do some reading of the kids books that were in the dealership's waiting area (way to go, dealership!), so that was probably semi educational. And now they're spending three hours watching the old British version of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, which I will also count as educational. Next Monday it's back to the dealership again, and if they ever manage to fix whatever is wrong, we will need to take yet another "field trip" out to the Multnomah Falls area. (Because DEQ insists that I need a "drive cycle" to get the catalyst "Ready" in order to take the emissions test.)

No comments:

Post a Comment