Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rent

So, it's like midnight, well after my bedtime, as I write this. I'm late going to bed, but I still wanted to get in some Bible reading, since that was my Lenten resolution, and God has been pushing me on that lately. As I went to pick up my Bible, though, I felt a slight urge to pick up the booklet with today's Mass readings instead - a booklet I sometimes use for Scriptural readings. It felt like a prompting from God, so I went with it.

The first line I see is "it is he who has rent". I thought that sounded funny. God pays rent? I reread it and realized they were talking about rent as in rendering, as in tearing apart. But then suddenly I remembered that it was the 2nd of the month and I hadn't paid our rent yet. So I got online to pay rent (and type this up).

God just sometimes takes care of even the little things, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment